Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Auto entry on cell entry

Excel doesn't have a click event that you can use. But it does have a
_beforedoubleclick and _beforerightclick.

This uses the beforerightclick event:

Option Explicit
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeRightClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
Dim myRng As Range
Set myRng = Me.Range("A:a") 'all of column A

Set Target = Target.Cells(1) 'one cell only

If Intersect(Target, myRng) Is Nothing Then
'do nothing
Else
Cancel = True 'don't show the rightclick popup menu
With Target
.NumberFormat = "mmmm dd, yyyy"
.Value = Date
End With

Rightclick on the worksheet tab that should have this behavior. Select view
code and paste this code into the newly opened code window (usually on the right
hand side).

Then back to excel to test it out.

Tony wrote:

into I have a column of cells I want to enter the current date everytime I
click in the cell. How do I do this?

--

Dave Peterson