Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme[_2_] Bernard Liengme[_2_] is offline

Default Iterative Equation

Hi Chris,
Excel can be used to solve explicit equation (equations where the unknown
appears on both sides)
But your equation is implicit
We can find I by rearranging you equation to give
I =((11.4*L^0.5)*(K^0.52)*(S^-0.318)/T)^(1/0.38)

But I get the impression you have a table and you what to find quantity i by
interpolation
Happy to have private email from you (this looks a bit off the beaten path
for most readers)
Get my email addy from my web site

BTW: Joe has a good idea about using Solver it you want to avoid to the math
to rearrange the equation.
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Chris" wrote in message
I am trying to solve the equation
T=(11.4L^0.5)(K^0.52)(S^-0.318)(i^-0.38),
where "L, K & S" are constants and "i" is determined from a table based on
time. "T" is time in minutes. To solve the equation fully, once "T" is
solved for it is compared with the time value used in the table that "i"
was
determined from. If necessary, a new value of "i" is determined and the
equation is solved again. This is repeated until an acceptable tolerance
between "T" and the value used to determine "i" is reached. Is there an
easy
way to set this up in excel to run an iterative process with a table? Any
help would be greatly appreciated.