Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett[_2_] Don Guillett[_2_] is offline

Default Adding Problem

You could use a worksheet_change event macro in the sheet module

if target.column<2 then exit sub
application.enableevents=false
target.value=target+target.offset(,3)
target.offset(,3)=""
application.enableevents=true

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"RM270" wrote in message
Hi all. Column A is a list of names. Column B is a number. Several more
columns of text. Column E is a number. I want to add Column E to B. Then I
want to print the sheet. Then I want to clear Column E, but keep the
results
in Column B. I need to do this so that I can keep adding numbers to column
B.

A B E
Joe Smith 80 4
Bob Brown 84 4

After adding, it looks like this:
Joe Smith 84
Bob Brown 88

Several days later, I want to add more numbers to Column B
Joe Smith 84 4
Bob Brown 88 3

After adding, it looks like this:
Joe Smith 88
Bob Brown 91

Can I do this? If so, please help, I'm at a loss.
Thanks in advance for any help.