Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
NielsChr NielsChr is offline

Default Nameing scattered data in chart (dot's)

Awesome .. i love it!

I love that fact that it still is compadable to other versions than just the
English!! (I my self is using a Danish Excel version .. but still works)

Nice little application, and easy to handle.

Thank you very much Andy

"Andy Pope" skrev:

Hi,

Simplest way is to use this free add-in,
http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

which will enable you to link data labels to cells.

Cheers
Andy

On 04/03/2010 21:06, NielsChr wrote:
I consider myself as a fairly competent excel user, but I seriuosly got
stucked on this on!!

Im duing a simple scattered chart with prices up along Y-axis and miles
along the X-axis ... But I would like each scattered dot to be named after
"my coloum N" which is car1, car2, car3 ...etc (Meaning .. If I have 30
Cars...where is car no. 1 in the chart and where is car no. 30) ??

The only luck I had so fare was either to show the X, Y- value or chart
name!!!
Hope someone can assist me if it is possible..

Thanks in advance
NielsChr

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel