Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Donna[_2_] Donna[_2_] is offline

Default Copying into excel from a online bank account

Hi,
It won't let me change the Dollar amounts to a general format and will not
sum.
Even though it is in individual columns do you think it still thinks it's a
picture file?
"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Format all to general.

Copy an empty cell.

Select the range of "numbers".

EditPaste SpecialAddOKEsc.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 15:30:01 -0800, Donna wrote:

I copied and pasted a bank statement from my online bank account into excel.
It keeps the infomation in the correct columns and I can copy and move an
individual column. My trouble is I cannot sum the amount column. I have
tried copying and pasting back as special values but no luck. Any ideas?

.