Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Art Art is offline

Default vlookup multiple data

Your formula worked perfectly! Any thoughts on how it could be modified for
more than two (e.g., BUS 280, ECO 110, PSY 343)?

Thanks!

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Try

=VLOOKUP(LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1)-1),Sheet2!A:B,2,0)&", " &
VLOOKUP(TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(",",A1)+1,255)),Sheet2!A: B,2,0)

--
Jacob

"Art" wrote:

Is it possible to have a cell contain two pieces of informaton (e.g., A1 =
"Me, You"), a vlookup statement to look for each pece of informaton in that
cell (e.g., first "Me", then "You") in another sheet, and display the match
in B1?

Sheet 1
A1 = "Me, You"
B1 = (after vlookup) "Art, Joe"

Sheet 2
A1 = "Me" and B1 = "Art"
A2 = "You" and B2 = "Joe"

I tried all different kinds of =VLOOKUP with different functions, and I
can't figure t out, of course I assume its possble to even use VLOOKUP in
this way. Perhaps I need to use a macro?

Thanks!