Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tushar Mehta Tushar Mehta is offline

Default How do I use an indirect reference for a chart scale in Excel?

Yes, the addin -- as with any other addin -- has to be on each
computer.

On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 13:24:17 -0800, dh13134
wrote:

If I want to share this file with someone else, do they need the add-in for
the chart scaling to funcion properly?
Thanks

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Professor -

You need to use VBA, but it's possible. Here's the technique, described
on my web site:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nkToSheet.html

and here's a self-contained add-in that handles the nasty details for
you, Tushar Mehta's AutoChart Manager:

http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/softwa...art/index.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Unknownprofessor wrote:

I am tired of manually entering MIN and MAX values for the X-axis in and
Excel chart. I would rather have these values calculated as part of a
worksheet and have these cells values used on the SCALE tab of the Format
dialogue. Is this possible?

Regards,

Tushar Mehta
Microsoft MVP Excel 2000-present
www.tushar-mehta.com
Excel and PowerPoint tutorials and add-ins