Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Don is offline

Default Help using the DAY() function

Hello again Max. Once again, you were right. I removed the CSE from the
formula and it worked flawlessly. Thank you again, Max. I hope you are
around when I need help again.

Don

"Max" wrote:

Welcome, glad to hear you got going. But I'd like to clarify this bit. The
beauty/ease of using sumproduct is that you don't have to array enter it
(CSE), just normal ENTER will do, 99.999%* of the time. That I didn't mention
to CSE it in my response reflects this. If CSE is required, I'd have
mentioned it in my response. The sumproduct should have worked as advertised
with just normal ENTER. If it didn't work, it's probably due to one of the
reasons explained by Fred (my thanks to Fred for the follow up). Could you
re-examine it and revert further here? It works for me (and Fred), no reason
why it shouldn't work for you. Try copying the expression direct from my
posting & paste it directly into the formula bar over there.

*The only exception where CSE is needed with sumproduct is where TRANSPOSE
is involved
--
Max
Singapore
"Don" wrote:
MAX and Bernard - Just wanted to say "THANK YOU". Max was correct with his
answer. But Bernard told me how to complete it with the CSE. After putting
Maz's formula in an array, it worked perfectly! Thank you again.

Don