Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SUMPRODUCT Returning 0 or wrong totals

You could try this array formula

=SUM((RIGHT(Detail!$A2:$A12440,MAX(1,LEN(Detail!$A 2:$A12440)-1))="C")*(Detail!$M2:$M12440="")*(Detail!L2:L12440 ))

--

HTH

Bob

"Rbirdie" wrote in message
I am getting a "0" for the result.
My numbers are numbers, I tested them. I am thinking that the Region
(column
A) is the issue. Is there a way to do a wildcard with this value?

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Tell us what 'not working' means. Are you getting a #VALUE! error?

If you are then I suspect that some of your numbers aren't numbers and
are
really text.

Try this formula in an empty column and drag down
=ISNUMBER(L2)

If your numbers in column L are really numbers then it wiil return TRUE.
If
it returns FALSE then they aren't numbers.

Put a 1 in a cell and copy it. Select column L and then

Edit|Paste special - select 'Multiply' OK and try the formula again
--
Mike

question.

"Rbirdie" wrote:

Thanks for your reply Mike. The ^is before the letters in the Details
page. I
tried taking it out and it does not work either.

Below is returning a "0"
=SUMPRODUCT((Detail!A2:A12440 ="C")*(Detail!M2:M12440
="")*(Detail!L2:L12440))

If I take in less rows, (tried using just 6 as test), it worked. When I
do
all of the data is failing.

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Try this

=SUMPRODUCT((Detail!B2:B12440="C")*(Detail!M2:M124 40="")*(Detail!L2:L12440))

I don't understand what you were trying to do with "^C" in your
formula. If
this doesn't work please explain
--
Mike

When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis
that
introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering
the
question.

"Rbirdie" wrote:

I have been trying to figure this out for 3 days.
I have 2 criterias that need to be met and then I want the total of
a column.
I am trying to get a total of each region with notes and without
notes.

Col A is region
Col M are notes on accts
Col L are dollars

A M L

1. C Notes in field 3.15
2. W Blank 100.50
3. NE Notes in field 600.00

Here is my formula:
=SUMPRODUCT((Detail!$A2:$A12440 ="^C"),(Detail!$M2:$M12440
=""),(Detail!L2:L12440))

It is returning 0. If I play with the formula and change the ,
to -- then it
does return a value, but one that is not correct.
I also tried filling in the BLANKS of column M with a word and that
did not
help.
Please any help is appreciated.