Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier[_2_] Jon Peltier[_2_] is offline

Default copy chart between multiple sheets in workbook

The easiest and least tedious way is to copy the original worksheet that
contains the chart. The copied chart thus links to the copied worksheet.
Now copy the data from the table on the second worksheet, and
paste-special-values or -formulas into the table on the copied worksheet.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
774-275-0064
http://peltiertech.com/

On 3/4/2010 4:15 PM, Sam wrote:
Hi,

I have workbook with about 50 sheets. they have exactly the same table ,
just data(numbers in the table) are different. Also created a chart
based on the table in the first worksheet. Chart is embedded in the
sheet). I spend some time to format the chart and want to copy and paste
it on the other sheets, but I want to reflect the data in each sheet. So
each sheet has its own graph, which looks similar but reflects data on
the sheet.
Problem I am having is when I copy/paste it it paste absolute reference
, so I have manually to fix data range :( and with that many sheets its
kinda cumbersome.. and this is not the only file :(
Any suggestions how I can copy my chart so it reflect the data on the
sheet that is copied to?

Thanks,
Sam