Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier[_2_] Jon Peltier[_2_] is offline

Default How do I chart contours in Excel 2007?

Don't get your hopes up, Excel's contour/surface charts are not very
sophisticated. The long and lat are categorical, not numeric, and the
algorithms that generate contours is rudimentary.

I've written about these charts in details:

Contour and Surface Charts in Excel 2007
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/con...in-excel-2007/

Surface and Contour Charts in Microsoft Excel

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

On 3/3/2010 10:29 AM, tpmbrian wrote:
I have some geophysical data I want to chart. How can I generate contours, or
with the surface chart, how can I change the values for the coloured bands?
Thank you