Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
nymyth nymyth is offline

Default Need Help with Rows with linked Forumlas

I have a Summary File, and in this summary file each row is linked to
unique external files to grab data. For example:

Summary File:
Row 1 (column A) - Points to ='http://sharepoint/finance/
[file2009_04.xls]Sheet1'!$A$1
Row 2 (column A) - Points to ='http://sharepoint/finance/
[file2009_05.xls]Sheet1'!$A$1

I have over 600 rows with 30 columns and doing a copy/paste/replace is
going to take my years...lol...I was wondering if there was a formula
I could write that would change the file2009_04.xls to file2009_05.xls
to file2009_06.xls as I copy the row down to the next line...any
guidance is appreciated...

I also cannot do a paste value in the end because those linked files
have a tendency to change and then my summary file would be useless

Thanks.