Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Trying to average the contents of a cell across multiple works

It may be easier to understand what you want to average if you posted a
small representative sample of the numbers you're dealing with.

What negative number is closest to 0?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote in message
the Frequency function does not seem to
count my negative numbers.

That particular formula is based on there being only positive numbers to
average excluding any 0 values.

So, what exactly do you need to average? Do you need to exclude 0 values?
Are the numbers calculated and the results of other formulas? The numbers
that are decimals, how many decimal places are there?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"GrazzaJ" wrote in message

I have a similar requirement, but where the numbers that I am averaging
could be positive or negative, integer or decimal.

Having a mix of integer or decimal does not seem to be a problem.

However, the Frequency function does not seem to count my negative
numbers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Many thanks,

Graham

"T. Valko" wrote:

Depending on the distribution of the numbers (will any be -ve, are they
all
intergers, etc.):

Based on there not being any -ve numbers:

Sheet1 A1 = 57
Sheet2 A1 = 0
Sheet3 A1 = 46

=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet3!A1)/INDEX(FREQUENCY(Sheet1:Sheet3!A1,0),2)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Gary''s Student" wrote in
message
See:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...142815f8bf1fea
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

"ErikVegas" wrote:

I have A workbook that contains 26 worksheets. Sheet 26 is a summary
page
that gives a running total of of the information entered in the
previous
25
pages. I need to be able to do an average of the contents of one
cell
but I
cant have the average include the null cells or zero value cells from
the
worksheets that have yet to be populated. I have been using this
Aray
formula:
{=AVERAGE(IF('2-20:8-14'!B28<0,'2-20:8-14'!B28))}

but I keep getting #ref errors. What am I doing wrong or do you have
better way of doing this function.

Thanks,

Erik

Thanks