Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jorist Jorist is offline

Default Reference to cell with text is returning #VALUE

I have a series of merged cells H9:J9 that contain text. I am trying to
reflect the contects of this merged cell in another cell on a different tab.

I am using the following reference:

='Current Market Conditions'!H9:J9

This is retruning the #VALUE error. I am using the same syntax on another
series of merged cells

='Current Market Conditions'!B38:K38

which is returning the text found in this merged cell series correctly.

Any ideas as to why the first one is giving me a #VALUE error and the second
one is not?

Thanks.

"T. Valko" wrote:

What does your formula look like?

A simple link formula can only reference a single cell. Like this:

=H9

You can't reference a range of cells like this:

=H9:J9

That is why you're getting the error.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jorist" wrote in message
I have a cell that references a different cell that that consists of H9:J9
that is formated for and contains text.

The referenceing cell shows #VALUE instead of the actual text that is in
the
cell?

Any ideas as to why this is happening? Any help would be appreciated.

.