Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Eric Eric is offline

Default Some Hyperlinks not Working in Excel 2007

I am trying to troubleshoot a problem with an Excel spreadsheet that includes
links to product manuals. All of the hyperlinks were functioning in the past
but certain ones no longer do.

I have tried creating a new document with new hyperlinks but get the same
problem. All of the links will open when pasted into a browser. The
problematic links are all to PDFs on the US Kohler site. For example:
http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/111946_4.pdf. I get the error
"Unable to open http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/111946_4.pdf.
Cannot open the specified file."

Links to PDFs on other sites (example:
http://www.zurn.com/operations/aquaf...eets/63276.pdf) work
just fine. Clicking will give the security warning confirmation dialog then
open the site.

As the link is valid I do not know why it will not open. I think that Excel
is trying to pre-fetch the link and not getting what it expects. Has anyone
encountered something like this before? Is there a way to force it to open a
link without doing the precheck?