Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default counting values in a column

I put =countif(an2:an240,"<31") and it works correctly for these set of
values or anything greater, in between values I have to do
=countif(an2:an40,"<61")-whatever value I had before so if I have to
breakdown into more groups i have to keep adding and substracting prior
values so that my in between values are a pain in the neck to keep of track

"pmartglass" wrote:

please explain what is not working correctly
the only thing that I see that may be a problem is how you are
handling situations like = 30 or = 60
these situations will be excluded from your logic
if this is causing your problem you may just need to modify your starting or
ending points accordingly

good luck

"Jerry" wrote:

I have different values in a a column that I need to count.
Column A: 2,25,45,52,25,30,2,45,80,60
and I want to count values as follows
<30 = 4
30 and <60 = 4
60 = 2

I have tried countif and sumproduct but it doesn't work correctly. Your
assistance is greatly appreciated.