Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
L.S. L.S. is offline

Default copy row to different tab

Thanks. I believe since we're using O2K(Excel2k) I'm limited on how to set
up security.
I can protect sheet/workbook but then I can't use Sort or AutoFilter.
From what I've read, later versions of Excel will give you more options.

Will keep playing with tis.

Again thanks,

"Max" wrote in message
Try pre-applying the autofilter, then protect* the sheet with a password
Check: Use Autofilter in the Protect Sheet dialog**
*via Tools Protection Protect Sheet
**there's also a "Sort" option in the dialog to check, but I couldn't get
it to work
--
Max
Singapore

"L.S." wrote in message
... BUT another thing we want to do is
protect the worksheet/workbook from someone changing the data.
We want people to be able to use the Sort and/or AutoFilter function to
get the info they need BUT we don't want them to be able to change the
data(delete and add info) to the work!!!!!.

Is this possible?