Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier[_8_] Roger Govier[_8_] is offline

Default Parameterisation of table names

Hi Tom

It sounds as though you need the Indirect function.
If your named ranges are Group1, Group2 etc. and in cell D1 you had the
value Group1, then to refer to that range it would be
=INDIRECT(D1)

Alternatively, if you just had a number 1 in cell D1 then
=INDIRECT("Group"&D1)

Regards
Roger Govier

Tom O''Riordan wrote:
Hello

I need to name various tables in excel, by tables I mean a group of cells
(e.g A1:D56). However I need to parameterise the name of the table to equal
another cell.

I know this may seem like a trivial matter but I really can't find how to do
it anywhere, please help.

Tom