Andy Pope

Sure Jon won't mind me jumping in.
The points don't line up as the secondary y axis has changed it's
maximum value so you need stop it being automatic and specify the value.
The best time to do that is when you change the 1st bar series into
xy-scatter, BUT do not change these 2 properties until you have set the
secondary y axis.
• Categories in reverse order
• Value (Y) axis crosses at maximum category

Then your points should align, as long as the maximum value you specify
is correct.

If you have already built your chart then you can unset those 2
properties. Then you the Chart Options to first remove the secondary y
axis. The again to apply it, when you re-apply the axis you should then
be able to select and set it.

Cheers
Andy

mjamromi wrote:
This question is for Jon...

I found your explanation of this
(http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...LineCombo.html) extremely
helpful! But I noticed that the chart only works on the range of 3 to
10 data points. With less than 3 or with more than 10 data points, the
lines get out of alignment with the bars (the bars and the vertical axis
labels remain properly aligned, but the lines no longer do). If you
know how to fix this problem, I would greatly appreciate your reply.
Thank you so much.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info