Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Leona Leona is offline

Default Excel is adding 2 rows of data source together when charting

I'm trying to create a simple chart that shows trending during the year. I
have several rows of data -- 1/2 of them being actual financial performance
numbers and the other 1/2 being budget numbers. When I select the data
ranges, whether using the Control Key to select all ranges at once, OR by
selecting them individually, some of my data ranges are being added together,
resulting in the ranges NOT reflecting what the source table numbers are.
The ranges appear to be correct. I've tried crafting each range individually
with the same result. Why is this happening? What am I doing wrong? Fix?
Thanks!