Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Debs1967 Debs1967 is offline

Default Positioning x axis at bottom of chart with negative values

Thank you for your advice but it hasn't worked for me. Maybe I'm doing
something wrong.

"trip_to_tokyo" wrote:

Try this:-

1. Click in the X axis to where it has flipped to highlight it (a box should
be placed around the axis to show that this has happened).

2. Chart Tools / Format / Current Selection group / make sure that
Horizontal (Category) Axis is showing in the Current Element box (the only
one that has a drop down arrow in it) / Format Selection / Format Axis pane
should launch with Axis Options highlighted in orange on the left hand side /
on the right hand side, in the Axis labels: box, change it to read Low then
Close / this should cause the X axis to move back to the bottom of the chart.

Thanks.

"Debs1967" wrote:

Im using Office 2007 and have a simple line chart with negative values on the
Y axis. I have ticked the 'values in reverse order' on the Y axis but the X
axis flipped to the top of the chart. How can I keep it at the bottom please?
Thank you