Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Create a formula by joining text and the value from a formula

=INDIRECT("A" & H5)

so if H5 contains 10, this formula will give the same results as:
=A10

Read about INDIRECT() in Excel Help. It's a really neat function.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

"Jesper Audi" wrote:

I would like to create a formula by joining together a text string and the
value within a defined cell.

For example, if the value of 10 is in the cell a5
and I have typed the value 5 in the cell h5

rather than typing =a5
I might like to create a formula rather like this ="a"&h5 or
=value("a"&"H5") to return the value in the cell a5 ie 10

I can see a lot of uses in formula building eg when copying formulas across
columns, I might like to increase the cell address row number by 1 or a
pretdetermined number each time