Raymond

It works now. You are awesome!!! The both of you

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Since Excel only has 15 digits of precision that won't work, only way is to
format as text or precede entries with an apostrophe '
one can then concatenate them

="000"&A1

where A1 holds the text formatted gift card number

Peo Sjoblom

"Patti" wrote in message
Have you tried using a custom format on the cell with nineteen zeros?

"Raymond" wrote:

I have two one cell that I am using Cell A. I am typing giftcard numbers
in
the cells as 6003860012345678. The giftcard = 16 digits. I need it to
default and place 3 zero's at the beginning of each of the giftcard
numbers
like "0006003860012345678". The giftcard should equal 19 digits with the
34
zeros out in front. I tried merging them. Is there a way to do this?

Sincerely,

Raymond