Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RLock13 RLock13 is offline

Default SUMIF Help

I have a spreadsheet which is imported to excel from another program. I am
trying to make a formula that will give me the subtotals for each day as well
as a weekly total. I tried using SUMIF, but kept getting 0.

Column G has my days which are listed as Monday, Tuesday, etc.
Column I has the durations I want to add.

I was putting my totals in the column next to I as this spreadsheet gets
imported on a weekly basis with different data for each day so none of the
columns stay the same. I also have to run it for an number of people within
the office. If I can get the formula to work then I am planning on recording
into a macro.