Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Counting the lack of a union of two lists

Why isn't Sue in your list of expected results and, given your description,
I'm not entirely sure why Sandy is not in the expected list as well?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Skippy Howenstein" wrote in
message ...
I'm trying to come up with a way to find the non-union of two lists. In
other words, I want to figure out error cases. I tried some COUNTIFS but
I'm
just banging my head against the wall at 2:13AM. There must be a simple
solution.

Here's what I roughly have. I'm looking for cases where one of the values
in the Name column is NOT present in the Owner column. If all is well,
every
owner will have a valid name. I'm looking for cases where that isn't
true.

Name Owner Expected Result = 2 for Skippy and Scooby
Jim Jim
Joe Jim
Bob Bob
Sue Skippy
Sandy Joe
Sandy
Scooby
Sandy
Bob

Thanks in advance!
--
Just remember, wherever you go...there you are.