Frank Kabel

Hi
you can't do much against the formula bar appearance of such time entries
and personally I won't split the time information in separate cells (makes
your calculations much more complicated).

You could hide the formula bar if you want though ('Tools - Options - View')

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Lady_luck wrote:
Hi again,
and thank you Frank for pointing out that excellent site. I do
however not feel comfortable with diving into VBA at this point.
I tried [hh]:mm as suggested to my "other" post (and sorry for the
duplicate BTW), and simplified the evaluation somewhat and this now
works. However users will be very uncomfortable seeing the date
1900.01.01 appear in front ef every time recorded past the 24
"minute" mark in the entry line above the sheet itself.
Can I format the time field as text and have excel split the contents
aroud the ":" character (e.g. 17:12 = 17*60+12= ) and evaluate
this. (sorry for the opaque nature of this post, if you look 7
threads down from this one that twin thread may shed some light).

Cheers
LL

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi