Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
trip_to_tokyo[_3_] trip_to_tokyo[_3_] is offline

Default Combining a 2-D column graph and a 2-D line graph on the same char

I have just put up a file for you at:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

It is item number 69 towards the top of my home page.

The only thing I have changed from what you want is how you have structured
your underlying data. I have done it slightly differently (see Completed
_Chart Worksheet cells A 1 to G 3. You may, therefore, have to adapt your
method of working to what I have done.

Apart from that I think the chart does what you want it to do.

"Filippo" wrote:

I would like to show a 2-D column graph and a 2-D line graph on the same chart.
The independent variable on the X-axis (name of employee) is the same for
both graphs.
The dependent variables on the y-axis are different:
(1) years of experience (column graph), (2) cumulative years of experience
(line graph).
I need to use two different scales for the y-axis to make both graphs
visible, as the year of experience of the employees ranges between 1 and 40
years and the cumulative years of experience ranges between 1 and 1500 years.
The input data for the graphs are listed in three columns of a single
worksheet.
Could anybody make a suggestion about how to combine the graphs?
Many thanks
Filippo