Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
trip_to_tokyo[_3_] trip_to_tokyo[_3_] is offline

Default Excel 2007 chart frustration

EXCEL 2007

Hi Simon, you appear to have a Column / Clustered Column Chart.

If you go to my website:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

- and look at item number 58 you will find something similar in the Chart
Worksheet.

All you need to do to create one is to highlight the cells you wish to
include in the chart then Insert / Charts group / select the chart that you
want (Column / Clustered Column) / OK.

Your chart will now launch.

You can also get more info by hitting the F1 Help Facility in EXCEL / there
is a section called Charts when the F1 screen first launches / click on that
/ then Chart types / then Present your data in a column chart.

Thanks.

"Simon" wrote:

Hi,
First time post, so be nice to me!

I'm having a problem with Excel 2007 in that I cannot get it to format a
chart the way I would like it. I'm sure the issue is a simple one for
those in the know!

This is what the chart looks like in Excel:
http://img202.imageshack.us/i/excelaxispuzzle.jpg/

This is what I'd like it to look like:
http://img689.imageshack.us/i/excelaxisgood.jpg/

The second (good) shot is done in Star Office Calc. My Uni have provided
me with Star Office, but I'd like to use Excel as I've paid for it!

Thanks

Simon

.