BruceS

Thanks, guys!! Worked great.
BruceS

"BruceS" wrote:

Hi, everyone!

I have a spreadsheet in which one column (B) contains an item "type", e.g.
"C" or "H". In another column (G), I put a "required" sub-item. I am trying
to conditionally format the cell in column G to do the following:

If Col B = "C" and Col G is blank, make background of Col G red;
Otherwise, make background of Col G normal.

Using normal CF, I can make G's background red if Col B = "C" (formula is),
or I can make it red if Col G is blank (cell value is), but can't seem to
find the trick of combining the two different condition types with an "AND".

I've looked through over a dozen posts here as well as checked out Debra
Dangleish's site and cpearson.com. Can't find anything similar.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
BruceS