Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ratboy Ratboy is offline

Default HOW TIMES A NAME IS USED IN DROP DOWN LIST

Thank you so much, i now done it! Whoop Whoop.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Tell us the *exact* locations of the drop down lists.

If there aren't too many you can do something like this...

Drop downs in D1, D5, D9

=(D1="Joe")+(D5="Joe")+(D9="Joe")

Or, use a cell to hold Joe :

F1 = Joe

=(D1=F1)+(D5=F1)+(D9=F1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ratboy" wrote in message
i would like to know how excel can calculate the number of times a name is
used in the worksheet from a drop down list i have validated.

I have a drop down list of named workers, every few lines down in column
D.
Everytime the same name is selcted i want it to give me the the total
number
in a key i have created at the side of the main worksheet, this will be
column J.

please help me.

.