Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Reference text in a cell inside a formula to specify a sheet name

Try it like this...

A1 = Sheet1

=IF(INDIRECT("'"&A1&"'!P9")0,Sheet2!A4,"")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"navel151" wrote in message
I would like to set up a formula that uses the text from an adjacent cell
determine the sheet and cell location that is used in the formula. i.e.
instead of =IF(sheet1!P90,sheet2!A4,"") I would like the sheet1 part of
the
formula to be the text from a cell beside the formula cell. How do I do
tell
the formula to use that text rather than havin gto specify the sheet each
time?

Thx.