Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John[_22_] John[_22_] is offline

Default Timesheet Calculation

Hi Blueriver

The problem is that XL does not know that 12 AM is the next day if you put the
date & time in the cell, your formula should work . "Formating as General "
e.g. Time IN 2/19/2010 22:00
Time OUT 2/20/2010 00:00
HTH
John

"blueriver" wrote in message
I am sure this question has been answered before but I am dizzy trying to
sort through all of the other posts when I run a search.

I have a spreadsheet that does some pretty basic time in and time outs. I
have a validation table only allowing time on the quarter of an hour for the
time in and time out. It is formatted in 12:00 AM time.

In this particular instance I cannot get my formula to work when the end
time is 12:00 AM. E.g.:

Start time (D9) is 10:00 PM, End time (E9) is 12:00 AM. My formula reads
=IF(E90,(E9-D9)*1440/60,""). This formula returns nothing when the end time
is 12:00 AM. I need it to return 2.00 for the amount of hours.

Any thoughts and Thanks!
-CRM