Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Branden Durst Branden Durst is offline

Default Variable Frame Reference

I am in the process of creating a very large excel spreadsheet and am
hoping to find a workaround. My intermediate excel skills have let me
down!

Here is what I'd like to do. In the first worksheet "Sheet 1" I have
a list of users and corresponding data. I have a subsequent worksheet
for each user. What I'd like to be able to do is have the number of
the row change based upon the new worksheet. In other words, I'd like
to have Cell A1 in Sheet 2 reference Cell A2 in Sheet 1, Cell A1 in
Sheet 3 reference Cell A3 in Sheet 1, Cell A1 in Sheet 4 reference
Cell A4 in Sheet 1, and so on. Can this be done?