Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default HELP!! Formula with different conditions

Assuming that the 11 is in cell A2.

First number, hours over 7.5, but less than 11:
=MAX(0,MIN(A2,11)-7.5)

Hours over 11:
=MAX(A2-11,0)
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Teri" wrote:

Hi there. I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm pulling my hair out trying to
figure out how I can take a certain number of hours (for OT banking purposes)
and calculating anything over 7.5 hours, up to 11 hours in one column - and
anything over 11 hours in a separate column.

For example: An employee worked 15 hours in a day. In the first column the
formula would provide the number 3.5 (as 7.5 plus 3.5 is 11 hours for the
day) and the second column would provide the number 4 (as this is the number
of hours over the 11 hours).

Any help that anyone could provide would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks so much!!

Teri