Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Formula for unique records

Imo, nothing beats a pivot in ease & speed when it comes to quickly
extracting a list of uniques from a large table of data. In Layout, place the
specific col header into both ROW and DATA (set to Count), and that's it. The
ROW area will return the required uniques list in a flash.
--
Max
Singapore
"Keithlearn" wrote:
I am trying to make a report a little more user friendly for a novice excel
user, and I am trying to use all formula's instead of pivotables on large
data sources. Is there a formula that will pull unique records out of a list
of customer #'s as an example without having to use auto filter which would
then require more manual intervention. I am then using sumproducts using the
customer number to create the report.