Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Count distinct days from two groups of days

Just to add on to what Ron has posted...

If the date series are not in sequential order; try
A1 = StartDate1
B1 = EndDate1

A2 = StartDate2
B2 = EndDate2

=IF(MEDIAN(A1,B1,A2)=A2,NETWORKDAYS(MIN(A1,A2),
MAX(B1,B2)),NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1)+NETWORKDAYS(A2,B2))

--
Jacob

"Colin" wrote:

Hello,

Can anybody help please?

I have used Networkdays() to count the working days between two dates. And
have had to do this twice. So now have two counts that I will add together.

But if the same particular date is in both count sets I dont want to count
it twice?

Hope this makes sense,

Thanks in advance