Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default addendem

Ok, need some of the details...

Sheet1 A2:A10 = parcel numbers
Sheet2 A2:A10 = parcel numbers

You filter both sheets on parcel number 999.

Now what? You said you want to compare owners. Ok, so where do we look to
see if the owners are the same?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Steve" wrote in message
Don't feel bad Biff.
I get pretty dense too..... Hence my poor explanation...... ;-(

Ok, what I'm doing is filtering two wksheets, based on a single criteria.
In
my case, a property parcel #.

My goal is to check the name of the owner's on each wksheet. One wksheet I
know is valid, the other is to get it correctly updated.

If the name from pageA matches the name on pageB, then great-- some kind
of
a TRUE statement, as in an IF equation.

I've tried vlookup, match, subtotal, and an IF. So far my attempts have
met
with #N/A Errors.

It seems to me that vlookup should work, if I have the correct order.
Because I'm filtering, it seems that subtotal would be required too.

At this point, I'm wondering if some UDF might be required, but I have no
idea where to take that idea.

"T. Valko" wrote:

I hope that's clear-- if not, please let me know.

Well, it's not real clear to me. But sometimes I'm really dense!

It sounds/looks like you want to a do a "SUM IF" on a filtered range?

"SUM column B IF column A equals Joe" on a filtered list.

Am I close?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Steve" wrote in message
Ok, I realized that I had this backwards, so I tried
Match(subtotal(109,range),ArrayRng,0)
and it doesn't work either.

.