Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
IanC[_2_] IanC[_2_] is offline

Default Conditional formatting offset reference

I have a spreadsheet with a block of 10 rows by 8 columns with conditional
formatting with absolute references to row 6.

I need to change these to reference row 7. I can edit each instance on one
row (16 in total) then copy the row down but, as the process may need to be
repeated in the future, can I use an offset reference instead of an absolute
reference, yet still retain the ability to copy the rows down?

For example, the formulae for cell E9 ore below
=VALUE(LEFT(E$6,2))*0.95
=VALUE(LEFT(E$6,2))*1.05

E$6 needs to be E$7.

Is there some way to say =VALUE(LEFT("current row -2",2))*0.95 in such a way
that when the row is copied down "current row-2" becomes "current row-3"?

---
Ian
---