Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ajayb ajayb is offline

Default Wildcard Advanced Filter

Thanks Luke. Was hoping for a more straightforward way but at least it does
the trick!

Regards

Andy

"Luke M" wrote:

Wildcard characters only work with text values. The easiest way I can think
would be to create a helper column with:
=--RIGHT(A2,1)
copied down, and then have the Advanced Filter search on with a criteria of
just 2.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"ajayb" wrote:

Hi all,

I have a column of staff numbers like so:

30002042
30002026
30002072
30002070
30002094
30002008
30002022
30002018
30002099
30002031
30002062

When I try to find all staff whose number ends in 2, my *2 wildcard criteria
is retirning no records. I have tried formatting the range to number,
general and text to no avail! Can anyone tell me what I'm missing here?

Many thanks

Andy