Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dana DeLouis[_3_] Dana DeLouis[_3_] is offline

Default Complex conditions using SUMIF

Complex conditions using SUMIF

As a side note, Sumproduct is the most popular, but Excel 2007 has the
newer "SumIfs" function.
I prefer to use the heading row for Named Ranges.
For Example...

=SUMIFS(Amount, Status, "A", Amount, "0")

or

=SUMIFS(Amount, Status, "<A", Amount, "0")

= = = = = = =
HTH :)
Dana DeLouis

On 2/15/2010 12:26 PM, Booweezie wrote:
Hi Smart Folk:

I need to analyze employee date and am having problems. Here's my data:

Employee Number Status Amount
--------------------- ------- ---------
Emp #1 A $3.00
Emp #1 T ($2.25)
Emp #1 T $14.00
Emp #1 A ($7.50)
Emp #1 A $1.30

I need to know the sum of Amount by employment status ONLY if the amount is
greater than zero. The answers for this table that I want to get a

A = $4.30
T = $14.00

I can use the SUMIF function to get a total for A's and T's; but I'm lost on
how I can limit it only to amounts greater than zero.

Thanks for any help you can provide.