Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ILunacy ILunacy is offline

Default Matching names and inserting spaces

Thank You! This was very helpful! I have a new question that goes along with
this. Is there a way to expand on the cell selection? Besides the names in
Column B, I also have data in Columns C, D, E, & F that I need to keep with
the names in Column B. Thanks Again!

"Xt" wrote:

On Feb 13, 10:28 am, ILunacy
wrote:
I hope someone can help me out with this. Say I have column A filled with
like 500 names, and column B filled with 300 of the same names. Is there a
way or a formula to match the names in column B to the corresponding names in
column A, move the name in B to be in the same row as the name in A, and to
insert blank cells into B where there are no names to match A?

Example:

A B
Abe Abe
Brad Brian
Brian Chris
Chris

changed to:

A B
Abe Abe
Brad
Brian Brian
Chris Chris

Thanks

Try this in C1 =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,B:B,1,0)),"",VLOOKUP(A1,B:B,1) )
and copy down to give the column you want.
xt
.