Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Using Logical OR on text in Conditional Formatting

Hi,

CF rule for is there

=OR(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Foo",A1)),ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Ba a",A1)))

CF rule for both not there
=AND(NOT(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Foo",A1))),NOT(ISNUMBER( SEARCH("Baa",A1))))

CF rule for only 1 there

=OR(NOT(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Foo",A1))),NOT(ISNUMBER(S EARCH("Baa",A1))))

--
Mike

question.

"Darius Poli" wrote:

I have a column with various text entries. I have created a conditional formatting rule for each type of entry but the formatting can be grouped together, so I would like a Conditional Formatting rule that says:

If string contains "foo" or "bar" then colour red
If string does not contain "yibble" or "wibble" then make bold
etc.

Any idea how I can do this rather thasn having to manage over 30 rules with each one looking for a single text entry type.

Thanks

Darius

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...heet.functions