Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Column of data

Info only............

If Excel sees the numbers as Text, simply re-formatting will do absolutely
nothing.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 10:27:01 -0800, trip_to_tokyo
wrote:

Try this:-

Click the column header letter (eg A) to highlight the column then, in EXCEL
2007, right hand click / Format Cells / Number tab / select Number on the
left hand side / OK.

Thanks.

"PTS" wrote:

I have a column of numbers that have been copied from another spread sheet
and each box has a green triangle in the upper right corner.
The column will not sort properly as some of the boxes do not have the
triangles in the upper right corner.
I can get ride of these by going to the box and double clicking but I have
approximately 4000 to do .

Is there a way to do this with one command ?