Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Jim is offline

Default file browsing - autocomplete

Hi - I had my hard disk crash and just got a new computer. One feature that
is no longer works on the new one is an autocomplete feature when I'm
browsing for a file to open within excel.

for example, if I started typing "C:\my documents", as soon as I typed
"C:\m", the rest of the text would autopopulate.

I tried enabling autocomplete within internet explorer (check "use in-line
autocomplete" under tools / options / advanced but that doesn't work.

I'm using excel 2003 and windows xp version 5.1 service pack 3.