Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Randy Randy is offline

Default Checkbox Formula

Never mind...I got it! Thank you all for your assistance!
--
Randy Street
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

"Randy" wrote:

Hi Dave and thanks for your reply. However, the checkbox I used is from the
Controls Toolbar rather than from the Forms toolbar. I need this as the
worksheet this is being used on is protected as well as some of the cells. I
used this method so I can unlock the workbook and cells, have them update and
relock again using VB.

Any ideas how I can get the formula provided to work via VB?
--
Randy Street
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You can't get the value of a checkbox directly using a formula that points at
that checkbox.

But checkboxes can have linked cells that will be true or false.

So maybe you can go back to that checkbox on the commision pool worksheet and
assign it a linked cell.

Then your formula can refer to that:

=if('commission pool'!a1=true,'commission level'!i18,"")

where A1 on commision pool is the linked cell.

Ps. The linked cell can be anyplace--even on a different sheet (that's
hidden????).

Randy wrote:

Can anyone see what the problem with this formula might be? The formula
refers to a checkbox value on another sheet (Commission Pool) and a value
from even another sheet (Commission Level) all to go into the
selected/current sheet (Leasing_1)

=IF('Commission Pool'!CheckBox.1.value=TRUE,'Commission Level'!I18,"")

--
Randy Street
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

--