Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T Newbery T Newbery is offline

Default Count Vaules in a range that appear in another range

Thanks, but is there a way to do this without enumerating everything in range
3. It's basically a lookup list that changes over time. I only want to change
the list, not everything that references it...

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi,
try

=SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$100=c2)+($A$2:$A$100=c3))

Being a2 to a100 range 1 and c2 and c3 products in range 3

"T Newbery" wrote:

I have three ranges e.g.

Range 1 Range 2 Range 3
Bread Apples Bread
Apples Oranges Buns
Oranges Pears
Buns
Bread
Pears
Apples

I'm trying to construct a formula that counts the number of times, say, and
entry in Range 3 appears in Range 1 - In this instance the answer would be 3.