Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default Excel 2007 is charting skinny lines instead of columns

Hi,

Skinny columns that do not respond well to the reduction in gap width
are usually caused by the category values being treated as dates rather
than text. This blog post illustrates some skinny columns.
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/exc...ry-axis-types/

Try changing the axis type to Text or Category rather than Automatic.

Cheers
Andy

On 10/02/2010 16:57, Carla wrote:
Hi,
I have a chart that I have created that show the columns as a skinny line
instead of a column. The chart is to show all the data for the past 12
months, so the x axis will always only show 12 months worth of data.

Anyone have any ideas why 2007 is doing this?