Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
msnyc07 msnyc07 is offline

Default Make a product that works

I blame the hammer when the head falls off when I am using it or the claws
chip and blind me. I blame the hammer when the hammer maker knows that is
the case but keeps adding far less useful improvements. If you want to be
sycophants be my guest; the software is severely flawed and blaming me for
it's errors doesn't make it any better. I have friends who work for top
consulting firms and run into the very same frustrations I do and have had
projects compromised by the same issues. If it is easier to assume I am so
idiot who doesn't know what he is doing feel free to assume. It won't change
the facts.

"Glenn" wrote:

msnyc07 wrote:
Truly you should be ashamed of Excel. I couldn't even BEGIN to itemize or
describe the utter hell of working with this application and the literally
1000s of hours it has wasted of mine due to poor and sloppy programming.
2007??? This is like a first release. From the ridiculous non-standard
cut/paste cache, to the on-again off-again 'select all' that destroys sorts,
to the disappearing Freeze Top Pane, to the 'pervasive' recalculations that
don't turn off no matter what you do and d RUIN work, to the DAILY crashes
and the need to dig through pages of work and formulas to figure out where
you left off. I'd expect this from an offshore coder I hired for $8 not
Microsoft. I am done. Here's a clue; fix the core components before adding
new features. Because you are just building on a rotten foundation.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

Do you blame the hammer when you hit your thumb instead of the nail?
.