Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
trip_to_tokyo[_3_] trip_to_tokyo[_3_] is offline

Default Excel 2007 is charting skinny lines instead of columns

No it doesn't.

"Carla" wrote:

I am using the column chart type. I am charting only one data series (1
opacity reading per month). this might seem like a stupid question but does
a column chart require two sets of data?

"Carla" wrote:

further to this, if I only chart half of my data (6 months worth) it works
fine.

"trip_to_tokyo" wrote:

Sorry, Carla, but nothing else springs to mind at the moment: if it does I'll
post back.

"Carla" wrote:

Hi, my lines still stay emanciapated even if I put the gap to Zero! I am
absolutely stumped. I have created other graphs exactly the same way and
they work fine. Any other suggestions?-

"trip_to_tokyo" wrote:

Try this:-

- click in one of your columns so that all of them are highlighted

- right hand click then Format Data Series (window of same name should
launch)

- Series Options should be highlighted in orange on left hand side

- change Gap Width (on right hand side) to a lower percentage

- Close

Hopefully your columns will now no longer look as though they have been on a
diet!

Thanks.

"Carla" wrote:

Hi,
I have a chart that I have created that show the columns as a skinny line
instead of a column. The chart is to show all the data for the past 12
months, so the x axis will always only show 12 months worth of data.

Anyone have any ideas why 2007 is doing this?