Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roady Roady is offline

Default Data Validation List - Dependant based on numeric values

Thanks, guys. I tried this but it didn't work. Does the data in the "data
entry" tab and the "list" tab need to be on the same corresponding beginning
row/cell? I tried to convert and substitute using my table locations but it
would result in an error. Because of the nature of the document, I am unable
to use the exact same cell references used in the example.

Data entry tab:
1st dropdown starts in C442 and its dependant drop down in D442.

Lists tab:
Table starts in B236 (header starts in B235)

any thoughts on what I might be missing in the conversion? Thanks!

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Roady

Take a look at the tutorial I wrote on Debra Dalgleish's site

This will allow you to use Numbers in your master list, and then as column
headers for the lists of available products

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Roady" wrote in message
Hi:

I have two columns as follows:
Dept Brand
2 Hanes, Leggs
8 Converse, Aerosoles
12 Levi's, Dockers

When the user selects the dept # in col A, I want it to restrict the
drop-down in Col B to only show the applicable brands. Problem is I can't
use
the typical Indirect formula method because it won't allow me to name the
cell with a number.

Can you offer an alternative? Thanks!

signature database 4849 (20100208) __________

http://www.eset.com